· Ministry of Finance and Economic Management
· Cook Islands Investment Corporation
· Audit Office
· Ministry of Foreign Affairs
· Office of the Public Service Commissioner
· Cook Islands Tourism
· Seabed Mineral Authority
· Cook Islands Pearl Authority
· Office of the Prime Minister
· Crown Law
· National Environment Service
· Ministry of Culture
· Internal Affairs
· Business Trade Investment Board
We will shortly be working with the Ministry of Transport to include them into the system. The one network system is currently servicing these government departments by;
· centralised email management system using [email protected] domain – emails sent between these agencies are instant and does not cost incur any internet bandwidth charges because they are sent locally
· centralised deployment of antivirus and windows update – when you are joined to the one government network, antivirus updates are deployed automatically together with other windows updates
· better management of internet cost and bandwidth by proper firewalling and per user internet quota management
· Proper domain network setup and configuration – for proper control and management of access security and usage of government resources;
· control of installed software – Excess software to requirement will slow down workstation computers
· providing offsite back up and replication of files on a daily basis
· hotspot wireless service – staff from these agencies are not limited by their physical work space, they can roam around each other and still be connected to their local emails, files and internet
These agencies are now experiencing reductions in the cost of internet, reduction in cost of electricity now that they don’t need to run the air conditioning units for 24 hours, reduction in support costs call to private sector support and also a more reliable network and computer system.
The OPM is currently supporting users using a web based ticketing system where support requests are provided a ticket number and they can follow up online on the status of the support tickets. The purpose is to build and bring together ICT specialist within government into one place to manage and share knowledge and experiences to provide a better service for all.
The current stage of implementation is still in progress and it we will contact the rest of the Ministries/Agencies to discuss timeframe for joining the network. The cost of implementation will be covered by the capital funding provided under the MFEM budget, so this is your chance to join the growing network. The current project plan to be implemented includes;
· A mobile server farm for Government that can be moved to a safer location when preparing for natural disasters
· Specialised firewalling system to be deployed on the network infrastructure.
We thank you for all your support and assistance to implement this initiative and we encourage those that are still on their own network to contact us. We hope that the one network will deliver a better service for all employees in the Cook Islands Government.
Ano Tisam | System Service Technician
Information and Communication Technologies | Office of the Prime Minister
phone: +(682) 25 494 ext 815 | fax: +(682) 20 856 | | Private Bag | Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the Cook Islands Government. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.
Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.